Stride is in search of a Director of Engineering who is excited to help lead the next level of growth of the product, the engineering organization, and the company. This is a leadership role among a talented and engaged set of early engineers and teammates. You’re joining a team with a great product foundation, lively culture and teammates who take initiative.
Stride is going after one of the largest markets in enterprise software, armed with top tier investors and founders that have operated through successful outcomes. We have multiple Fortune 500 clients and are growing quickly. We’re looking for a Director of Engineering to help seize the opportunity ahead of us.
- You’re obsessed with organization and the ways teams get things done. You enjoy optimizing teams to remove obstacles, ship better product, and ensure customer success. You have a knack for identifying light changes that can make a big difference.
- You quickly gain respect and win over their teammates. You’re a natural coach and have experience mentoring engineers.
- You’re objective, calm under fire, and you’ve been the go-to person in your previous engineering organizations.
- You’re a builder at heart, and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You care deeply about having great product in production. We’re looking for teammates who thrive in early stage environments.
You will be joining a culture of engineers who are:
- Excited to learn - The most important capability of any engineer is a willingness and desire to pick up new technologies, patterns, and skills. We currently use modern and proven technologies like Typescript, React, AWS Lambda, and Snowflake but are always looking for the best tool for the job.
- Excited to teach - The ideal teammate will not just contribute, but improve everyone around them.
- Flexible - We believe the hallmark of a successful startup is the ability of the team to adapt and learn from new information.
- Pragmatic - There is generally no perfect solution to most software problems, and we will work together as a team to pick the most appropriate solution for the problem.
- Passionate about automation - As a small company we must leverage ourselves to deliver amazing results. Automating tests, deployments, and other parts of the software lifecycle is the only way we can continue to move fast as we build and grow. Continuous integration and deployment were one of the first things we built.